In an age when it has become common to see apartments and towering skyscrapers, it is a pleasure to own a home with a garden. You will have your own oasis amidst a concrete jungle, a haven to escape the traffic, noise, and pollution of the city.
If you are wondering why you should opt for a home with a garden area or courtyard, here are some benefits that you should be aware of:
- Protection from harsh weather – Courtyards are akin to a thermostat. They are able to protect homes naturally from the harsh weather conditions outside. While in summers, courtyards bring in cool air and flush out the hot air from homes; in winters, they work similar to a greenhouse and provide the home with much needed warmth, while also protecting from the chilling dry winds. Moreover, courtyards provide natural cross ventilation to homes.
- Grow your own produce – A home with garden area means that you can grow your own fruits and vegetables. This will enable you to cook for your loved ones, the healthiest food imaginable, as you will have negated the risk of having additives and chemicals added to your produce, since you are growing them yourself. You can also teach kids to nurture and care for plants, vegetables, and fruits.
- Enjoy communing with nature – Not only is gardening a physical activity that will keep you fit, but it will also help you relax and de-stress. As you watch the results of your labor and see flowers blooming and fruits ripening, it will give you a sense of pride and achievement as well. Being close to nature is relaxing, and will help you unwind after a hectic day.
- Safety – Having a home that has its boundaries clearly demarcated, but also enough space to use as per your bidding, is a blessing in disguise. You can easily have a clear view of all sides. Most importantly, children will have a safe space to play and have fun. This way, you will not have to worry about their safety when they are playing outdoors.
- Social gatherings – Courtyards have been traditionally used in the Indian context, for family gatherings, be it for religious rituals or informal gatherings that are more like parties. You will have your own private area to do just that, at your own discretion. You won’t need any permission from anyone, provided you do not disturb the peace of the area.
You can enjoy these benefits and many more, if you buy a home with garden area or courtyard. So, go ahead and make an informed purchase decision.