If you have recently purchased a new residential or commercial apartment and are very much confused as to how to make a payment of the property tax, then don’t worry as the process is quite simple. The property tax can be paid either offline by filling up forms and then submitting the cash or cheque in the nearest municipal corporation office or by using the online portals. The online facility allows you to make the payment through NEFT from the banks or by using debit and credit cards.
Before you calculate the amount of property tax that you will need to pay, you need to get certain facts straight about your property and those are as follows:
- Classification of the property
- The yearly value of the property
- Dimension of the property
- Zonal Classification
- Built-up area
- Built-up area of each floor
- Number of floors
- Electricity bills
How to make the payment online?
You can avail the benefit of paying property tax online only in case your municipal corporation has made the facility available. Before you pay tax online, collect the details of your property with respect to the property’s location. Once you have the particulars you can go to the website and enter the pertinent information and continue with the payment.
In case your property is in Noida, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the online portal of the municipal corporation.
- Click on the link that will allow you to pay property tax online.
- Now, enter area details and assessment codes as asked
- If asked, enter correct information such as old assessment number, door number and owner number.
- When all the information is entered, you will get the details of the tax outstanding on your property and you can continue to make the payment using debit cards, credit cards or net banking. In case you are using net banking facility to make the payment, then remember that for property tax payments, only net banking provided by approved banks will work.
How to make the payment offline?
This is the good old traditional method that has been used for ages in India. In order to make the payment using the traditional method, you will need to calculate the amount that is outstanding and fill up the apt forms. When the forms are filled, make the payment at the bank chosen by the municipal corporation or at the municipal corporation offices in your locality.
For example, if your property is in Delhi then you will need to follow the following steps:
- Complete the forms IV or V based on your property type
- Also complete the forms I, II and III.
- In case you have PID for your property, then Form I is to be filled
- In case of only Khata No., Form II should be filled
- For properties that do not have PID or Khata No.Form III should be completed
Once the forms are filled, they can be taken to the nearby centers to make a payment.
So, before you go ahead and buy commercial property in Noida, you should understand the property tax details well in advance.