Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme gained a lot of attention from the Indian citizens, since the day it was announced. Due to the extraordinary subsidy benefits from government and financial assistance from the banks, the first time home buyers are applying to avail house under this scheme.
To make the application process easier for beneficiaries, the government has provided the PMAY application form in both offline and online modes. Offline forms are available in CSC centers through which the applicants can apply.
The online application will be available on the official website http://pmaymis.gov.in/ and it is easy to fill. The online mode provides a hassle-free user experience to the applicants. The online application will help the users to know about the status of their application. Applicants have to log on to the website and fill in the application form with the supporting documents to avail the scheme benefits. Failing the documents submission or any mistake may lead to rejection of the applicant.
Documents required while applying for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme:
The applicant has to provide their Aadhaar card details, which is mandatory. Applicants without Aadhaar won’t be able to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Applicants have to provide the necessary documents to prove their identity and residence. Any of the government issued documents including PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License can be submitted.
- In case the applicant belongs to a minority community, the proof of the same needs to provided along with the application. A caste certificate from the district registrar office can prove the caste status of the applicant.
- Nationality also needs to be provided (Passport, Voter ID or any other government-issued certificate)
- Economically Weaker Section certificate or Low Income Group certificate should be provided (Salary slips, IT return statements).
- Proof that the applicant does not own a ‘pucca’ house
- Property valuation certificate from the builder has to be submitted
- Bank details and account statements to show the annual income range
- Proof that the applicant is constructing a home under the scheme