Mohali is a beautiful city in Punjab. This blog focuses some of the interesting facts about this city; also it has a mention of some of the amazing tourist destinations of this city. Be it for the resident of the city or a tourist visiting it, knowing about these facts related to the city of Mohali can be interesting for everyone.
Mohali is a city in the state of Punjab, located in the south-west direction to the capital city of Haryana and Punjab. The city of Mohali is known all across the country owing to various interesting facts associated with it.
Here is a mention of these amazing facts about this city which has been witnessing fast paced development in the recent years.
- Mohali is known as the satellite city of Chandigarh along with Panchkula. Also, these three cities form a part of the Tricity.
- Mohali is witnessing rapid infrastructure and economic development, as the state government is focusing on making it a best place to live. Also, the city has been developing as an IT hub owing to all these developments.
- The city has some of the must-visit places where you can spend your weekend. Some of these attractions of Mohali and nearby places include Fateh Burj, Gurudwara Sri Amb Sahib, Rose garden, Silvi Park and many more.
- The city is renowned for the famous Cricket Stadium which is located here. Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium is also known as Mohali Stadium. In addition to this, the vast cricket stadium has a huge capacity which can accommodate as close to 26,950 spectators at a time. This is makes Mohali one of the favorite destinations for cricket lovers.
- The city of Mohali has been named after the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh, Sahibzada Ajit Singh, officially; however, it is popularly known as Mohali among the locals and the people all across the nation.
So, whenever you plan to visit this Mohali, make sure that you have enough time to visit these tourist destinations. You might be lucky enough to explore some of the unknown or lesser unknown facts about Mohali.